Scholarship Description: The Yenching Academy is a fully-funded residential program offering a wide array of interdisciplinary courses on China within the Humanities and Social Sciences.
About the University:Peking University is a major Chinese research university located in Beijing and a member of the C9 League. Peking University is consistently ranked as the top academic institution in China. As of 2017, it is ranked among the world’s top 20 universities according to Times Higher Education World Reputation Rankings. In addition to academics, Peking University is especially renowned for its campus grounds and the beauty of its traditional Chinese architecture.
Each Scholar chooses one of six research areas corresponding to the thesis topic. (The research area does not affect course selection options or requirements.)
• Economics & Management
• History & Archaeology
• Law & Society
• Literature & Culture
• Philosophy & Religion
• Politics & International Relations
1. Postgraduate fellowship covering tuition fees.
2. A travel stipend for one round-trip journey between each Scholar’s base city and Beijing.
4. Monthly living stipend.
Eligible Countries: International
1. Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in any field awarded no later than August 31 of the year in which they wish to enrol;
2. An outstanding academic record;
3. Strong interest in interdisciplinary study of China;
4. A record of extracurricular achievement, community engagement and social responsibility;
5. Leadership potential;
6. English proficiency.
7. Successful applicants will show how the Yenching Academy program is relevant and valuable to their career plans.
8. Preference is given to candidates age 25 or younger as of August 31 of the year they wish to enrol. For students from countries with mandatory military service, the age preference is 27 years old or younger.
Deadline: January 15, 2018