This is a capacity-building initiative that was set up in 2008 by nineteen of Germany’s leading companies.
It focused mainly on highly qualified young professionals from countries with Sub-Saharan Africa with years of experience and strong leadership qualities
It basically involves an 8-month practical training in a leading German enterprise so as to allow participants gain practical experience and to be exposed to leadership concepts and management techniques in a German enterprise. Consequently, this extends their international management competencies to initiate networks of cooperation between Africa and German companies.
1. A University degree in any of the following:
Engineering in various sectors.
Computer Science/Information Technology
Supply Chain Management
Product Management etc.
2. Postgraduate degree (e.g. MBA) will be an advantage.
3. Two to five years of relevant work experience.
4. Excellent English language skills. French, Portuguese and German languages are an advantage.
5. Inter-cultural competencies, open to new experiences abroad and willing to learn German
6. Applicants should not be older than 35 years and physically fit female candidates are particularly welcome to apply.
7. Candidates must be from any of the countries within Sub-Saharan Africa
1. Intensive German language courses (face-to-face) in Africa and in Germany including fees, travelling, accommodation and living allowance.
2. Roundtrip airfare to and from Germany.
3. Living allowance of € 720 / per month.
4. Accommodation during all stages of the programme in Germany
Health insurance, accident insurance and liability insurance.
5. Programme-related travelling expenses in Germany.
6. International management training courses.
7. Study tour and weekend seminars in Germany as well as cultural activities.
8. One-off relocation fee of € 1.000,- for settling back into the home countries.
9. Roundtrip airfare to and from Germany as well as travel and accommodation during the refresher course.
January 19, 2018
Ready to apply? VISIT