The international AIDS conference will be taking place in Amsterdam, the Netherlands from 23rd to 27th, 2018.It is the largest of its kind on any global health issue.
The first was convened during the AIDS epidemic in 1985. It provides an opportunity for the interaction between scientists, advocates and human right activists.
The theme of AIDS 2018 is “Breaking Barriers Building Bridges”, drawing attention to the need of rights-based approaches to more effectively reach key populations, including in Eastern Europe and Central Asia and the North-African/Middle Eastern regions where epidemics are growing.
Priority will be given to those:
1. Whose participation will help enhance their work in their own communities.
2. Who are able to assist in the transfer of skills and knowledge acquired at the conference.
3. Whose abstract, workshop or Global Village and Youth activity have been selected.
Preference will be given to young, vibrant participants,researchers and community representatives from resource-limited settings.
Participants must be at least 16 years of age at the time of the conference.
The scholarship award will strictly be based on a NON-BIASED scoring system by a committee of experts.
It is either partial or full scholarship.
1. The registration fee for the conference (includes access to all sessions and exhibitions).
2. Travel (pre-paid airfare at the lowest fare available, from the nearest international airport).
3. Accommodation (shared room in a budget hotel for the days of the conference only) Modest daily living allowance for the duration of the conference (23-27 July 2018).
Any combination of the above.
Also, a limited number of scholarships are available for media representatives.
Media scholarship applicants are asked to provide media accreditation and supporting documents such as samples of their work and a letter from their editor.
February 1, 2018
For more information, CLICK HERE