Qualified candidates are hereby invited to apply for a 3-year full-time PhD by research in Humanities and the Social Sciences at Makerere University, Uganda.
About the University
Makerere University, Kampala is Uganda’s largest and third-oldest institution of higher learning, first established as a technical school in 1922. In 1963, it became the University of East Africa, offering courses leading to general degrees from the University of London. It became an independent national university in 1970 when the University of East Africa was split into three independent universities: University of Nairobi (Kenya), University of Dar es Salaam (Tanzania), and Makerere University. It’s ranked 8th best University in Africa and 569th in the World.
Humanities and Social Sciences
It is a full scholarship with donations from Andrew Mellow foundation.
It covers the following:
1. Living Expenses
3. Medical Insurance
4. Laptop Computer
5. Critical Books
6. Data Analysis
7. Photocopying and fieldwork-related Expenses.
Value of Scholarship in the first and second year: 45,290,000 Ugandan Shilling
Third Year: 41,790,000 Ugandan Shilling
Eligible Candidates must:
1. Be an international students.
2. Have practical research experience from working in Humanities and Social Sciences research projects at a University or Research Institute.
3. Be a full time or part time member of staff in the College of Humanities and Social Sciences, Makerere University (please attach your appointment letter as proof of your employment status at Makerere University). The specific schools of whose staff are eligible are Social Sciences; Women and Gender Studies; Liberal and Performing Arts; Languages, Literature and Communication and the School of Psychology.
4. Be a holder of Masters Degree in Humanities and Social Sciences from a recognized university not less than ten years at the time of application.
5. Be a holder of an undergraduate degree in Humanities and Social Science from a recognized university with a Second Upper Class or above.
6. Meet all Graduate requirements at Makerere University.
7. Provide two academic referees from individuals who are familiar with candidate’s work.
8. Not be more than 40 years(Male) or 45 years(Female) before April, 2018
February 16, 2018.
For Application, Click here, APPLICATION FORM
For more information, CLICK HERE
You can change a life for good, Kindly share this.