Southeast Asian Students are invited to apply for the Sun Yat-Sen University Scholarships in China for the academic year, 2018.
About the University
Sun Yat-sen University, abbreviated SYSU and locally known in Chinese as Zhongda, is a major Chinese public research university located in Guangdong, China.
Any available area of discipline at the university
Scholarship amount varies for different undergraduate Courses:
Liberal Arts, Economics and Managerial Science Majors
RMB 56,000 yuan/person/academic year (tuition fee RMB 26,000 yuan/person/academic year, living allowance RMB 30,000 yuan/person/academic year)
Science and Engineering Majors
RMB 63,800 yuan/person/academic year (tuition fee: RMB 33,800 yuan/person/academic year, living allowance: RMB 30,000 yuan/person/academic year)
Medical Science Majors
RMB 78,000 yuan/person/academic year (including tuition fee RMB 48,000 yuan/person/academic year, living allowance RMB 30,000 yuan/person/academic year).
Note: Accommodation fee and Comprehensive insurance for international students will be deducted from the living allowance, the balance will be transferred into students’ accounts every month after registration. Students will be responsible for visa fee, air tickets and other associated fees.
1. Students from Southeast Asia are eligible to apply.
2. Only non-Chinese Applicants with a valid foreign passport, and meet the requirements in the “Notice of Regulating Admission of International Students in Colleges and Universities”.
3. Applicants should be aged between 18 and 25 years.
4. Applicants must be in good health.
5. Applicants must be Chinese-friendly and law-abiding
6. Applicants should be high school graduates, with their grades ranking among the top, or with excellence in social services, sports, music, cultural activities or leadership.
7. Applicants should obtain a recommendation letter issued by the recommendation institutions) and be responsible for its authenticity.
8. Applicants must fulfil the Chinese language requirements which vary across different schools at SYSU:
Liberal Arts, Economics and Managerial Science Majors: HSK 5 Certificate (with 180 points or above) or other equivalent Chinese Learning Certificates.
Science, Engineering and Medical Science Majors: HSK 4 Certificate (with 180 points or above) or other equivalent Chinese Learning Certificates.
Applicants who complete high school education with Chinese as the medium of instruction should submit certificates of Chinese language proficiency issued by the schools.
Outstanding applicants without Chinese language proficiency would have to take a Chinese Preparatory course for one academic and attain a satisfactory level of proficiency before beginning their studies.
Supporting Documents( must be either in English or Chinese)
1. Passport biographical page
2. Graduation certificate of the highest level of education
3. Transcripts from the highest level of education
4. Language Proficiency Certificate
5. Recommendation letter
6. Personal statement
7. Other supporting documents
For more information, CLICK HERE
April 30, 2018