The Chan Zuckerberg Initiative was launched in December 2015 by Mark Zuckerberg, founder and CEO of Facebook, and his wife, Priscilla Chan, a paediatrician and founder and CEO of The Primary School in East Palo Alto. The Chan Zuckerberg Initiative is a new kind of philanthropic organization dedicated to advancing human potential and promoting equal opportunity through world-class engineering, grantmaking, impact investing, policy, and advocacy work. Initial areas of focus include supporting science through basic biomedical research and education through personalized learning. CZI is also exploring ways to build stronger, more equitable communities through affordable housing and criminal justice reform
Finance, Accounting or any related field.
1. Opportunity for advancing potential and promoting equal opportunity through world-class engineering, grant-making, impact investing, policy, and advocacy work.
2. Opportunity to assist with financial planning processes related to headcount planning, budgeting, forecasting, and long-range planning.
3. Partner with initiative teams to build measurement metrics for potential technologies, projects, grants, or investments to help drive decisions around prioritization, go-to-market planning and/or resourcing level.
A potential intern should:
1. Be pursuing an undergraduate degree; major or concentration in finance, accounting or related field.
2. Have written and verbal skills
3. Have analytical skills
4. Show attention to detail and follow-through.
5. Have the ability to work independently and demonstrated judgement to know when to ask for help.
6. Have the ability to work in a collaborative, team-oriented environment; no egos.
7. Have comfort with ambiguity in a rapidly changing environment
Technologically proficient, particularly with Microsoft PowerPoint and Excel.
Kindly share this.