The new Fully Funded Administrative Student Programme is now available at CERN in Switzerland. The duration of the programme is 2 to 12 months, an extension of up to a maximum of 14 months may be given.
The Administrative Student Programme is aimed at undergraduate students specializing in administration, to spend a training period of 2 to 12 months during the course of their studies (Bachelor or Master).
The name CERN is derived from the acronym for the French “Conseil Européen pour la Recherche Nucléaire”, or European Council for Nuclear Research, a provisional body founded in 1952 with the mandate of establishing a world-class fundamental physics research organization in Europe.
CERN’s people are driven by a shared goal, a single purpose. They want to achieve the impossible, to do what’s never been done before. Everyone here strives to be the best they can be, true specialists and industry “firsts” are created regularly – not just in the world of physics.
Undergraduate and Postgraduate( Masters)
Translation, human resources, advanced secretarial work, business administration, logistics, law, finance, accounting, library and information science, engineering management, science communication, education, audiovisual, communication and public relations, psychology, audit.
1. 3283 CHF/month (the allowance is net of tax)
2. Travel allowance
3. Contract of association from 2 – 12 months
4. Membership of the Health Insurance scheme (contribution automatically deducted from allowance).
5. 40 hours/week
6. 2.5 days of annual leave/month (CERN housing service helps to find local accommodation).
Potential candidates must:
1. Be a national of a CERN Member State or Associate Member State and studying in a Member State or Associate Member State.
Students from Non-Member States are able to apply only if they have been residing in a Member State or an Associate Member State for the last 5 years and are enrolled in a Member State or an Associate Member State educational establishment.
2. Have completed at least 18 months of your undergraduate studies (Bachelor or Master) at the time of the selection committee which is in June 2018 specializing in an administrative field. This means that you should have started your studies not later than December 2016.
3. Have stayed at least 2 or at most 12 months remaining registered as a full-time student. To be able to fully benefit from an administrative studentship we advise students to opt for the longest period possible.
4. Have a good knowledge of English OR French.
April 16, 2018
Once your application form has been submitted, you will receive an acknowledgement e-mail which contains a link to the CERN “Report on candidate” form.
You must forward this link to at least one referee. One reference letter from your University Professor is mandatory (should you have one reference from a previous internship you may add this as a second reference).
Reports from last committee will not be accepted. Students must also upload their most recent academic transcript giving an overview of their marks (if you download it from your university portal please make sure there is no protection so that we can open it), as well as a CV (in English or French) in order to complete the application.