The Centre for Bioethics and Research(CBR) invites applications from qualified candidates for its blended Diploma programme in Informed Consent and Bioethics. The programme is targeted at Nigerians with interest in research ethics who desire more competence in ethics and research but are unable to take advantage of the 18 months fully sponsored M.Sc. Bioethics program at the University of Ibadan. The programme involves an online training and mandatory weekend stay at the centre.
This program is generously funded by the United States’ National Institutes of Health, Fogarty International Centre and the National Human Genome Research Institute.
The Centre for Bioethics and Research is a Nigeria-based organisation established for teaching, service and research in international bioethics in the West African subregion.
1. Provision of free course materials and textbooks.
2. Transportation and accommodation during the mandatory weekend stay at the Center is provided free for participants.
Nigerians are eligible to apply.
Preference will be given to:
1. Members of Institutional Health Research Ethics Committees;
2. Individuals who demonstrate opportunities to teach bioethics or incorporate it in their lectures;
3. Individuals who demonstrate opportunities to apply the training in their work;
4. Biomedical, social and behavioural science researchers;
5. Community leaders and members of Community Advisory Groups/Boards;
6. Journalists, and Patients’ and Research Advocates’
June 25, 2018
1. Complete the CITI training on Informed Consent and the Nigerian Health Research Ethics module online at http://www.bioethicscenter.net and obtain the certificates.
2. Send your completed application and your CITI Certificates to Centre for Bioethics, 102 Bashorun Road, Ibadan by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
Kindly share this