In 2010, DUO-Sweden Fellowship Program was established with the aim of enhancing exchanges of people between Sweden and Asian countries on a balanced basis.
The Asia-Europe Meeting (ASEM) is an intergovernmental process established in 1996 to foster dialogue and cooperation between Asia and Europe. Presently it comprises 53 partners: 30 European and 21 Asian countries, the European Union and the ASEAN Secretariat. ASEM addresses political, economic, social, cultural, and educational issues of common interest, in a spirit of mutual respect and equal partnership.
Any course of study
It is an exchange programme available to both undergraduate and postgraduate students in universities.
1. The duration of the fellowship is limited to one semester.
2. The amount of the fellowships is standardized as follows:
Swedish students as well as students from the following countries: Australia, Bangladesh, Brunei Darussalam, Myanmar, Cambodia, China, India, Indonesia, Japan, Kazakhstan, Korea, Laos, Malaysia, Mongolia, New Zealand, Pakistan, the Philippines, Russia, Singapore, Thailand and Vietnam are eligible to apply.
The exchange programme must fulfil the following criteria:
1. An educational institution in Sweden (home institution) and an educational institution in Asia (host institution) have established an academic cooperative arrangement/inter-institutional agreement.
2. The Swedish home institution has selected an EU national student enrolled at the home institution to send to the Asian host institution, and such selection has been accepted by the Asian host institution.
3. The same Asian host institution has selected an Asian student enrolled at the host institution to send to the Swedish home institution, and such selection has been accepted by the same Swedish home institution.
NB: Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
May 21, 2018
Kindly share this with your friends