The Lagos University Teaching Hospital and the Medical School Complex was enacted by a Cabinet decision made in April of 1961 following recommendations made by the Sir Eric Ashby’s commission on Post-Secondary Education in Nigeria.
Over the years the Lagos University Teaching Hospital has remained one of the best Teaching/Specialist Hospitals in the country.
LUTH is the hospital in Nigeria with the highest concentration of skilled medical and paramedical staff in different areas of medicine. This explains the reason why LUTH is always the focus when foreign countries, oil companies and even highbrow private hospitals in Nigeria are on a recruitment drive for manpower.
The Lagos University Teaching Hospital is desirous of recruiting professionally committed Medical Doctors and Dentists into its Residency Training Programmes in the following Specialties:
2. Child Dental Health
3. Clinical Pathology
4. Community Health and Primary Care
5. Haematology & Blood Transfusion
6. Medical Microbiology & Parasitology
7. Internal Medicine
8. Family Medicine
9. Anatomic & Molecular Pathology
10. Obstetrics & Gynaecology
11. Oral Maxillofacial Pathology/Biology
12. Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery
16. Restorative Dentistry
17. Radiation Biology & Radiotherapy
19. Ear, Nose & Throat
20. Preventive Dentistry
21. Orthopaedic & Traumatology
1. Applicants should have at least one-year professional experience and must be fully registered with the Medical & Dental Council of Nigeria.
2. Evidence of having completed NYSC is mandatory.
3. Success at the Primary Examination of either the West African or National Postgraduate Medical College of Nigeria is required.
1. The application fee is N5,000.00 (Five thousand naira) only.
2. Payment is by visiting the website: www.remita.net.
Click on pay a Federal Government Agency. On name of MDA, type Lagos University Teaching Hospital.
3. Then click on other LUTH fees. Follow the prompts to generate the ‘RRR’ code. Thereafter, use the ‘RRR’ code to make payment at any Bank of your choice and submit your voucher or receipt to the Finance and
Accounts Department, LUTH, where a receipt will be issued in place of the PRINT-OUT.
4. The receipt of payment should be forwarded to the Chairman, Medical Advisory Committee for the collection of Application forms.
5. Completed application forms should be addressed and submitted to:
THE CHAIRMAN, MEDICAL ADVISORY COMMITTEE
LAGOS UNIVERSITY TEACHING HOSPITAL
IDI – ARABA, SURULERE,
P.M.B. 12003, LAGOS.
Completed application forms should be submitted Not later than six(6) weeks from the date of publication.
The date for the departmental interviews will be communicated later.
Do you find this useful? Kindly share it with your loved ones.