About the University of Copenhagen
The University of Copenhagen is the oldest university and research institution in Denmark. Founded in 1479 as a studium generale, it is the second oldest institution for higher education in Scandinavia after Uppsala University.
The Marie Skodowska-Curie Actions offer attractive salary and working conditions. Salary, pension and terms of employment are in accordance with the agreement between the Ministry of Finance and The Danish Confederation of Professional Associations on Academics in the State and according to the rules and regulations laid down by European Union’s Horizon 2020 Marie S. Curie COFUND programme. Depending on seniority, the monthly salary begins around 26,400 DKK (ca. 3,400 EUR) plus pension.
The appointment as PhD fellow is for 3 years. It is conditioned upon the candidates’ successful enrolment in the PhD programme. This requires submission and acceptance of an application for the specific project formulated by the candidate during an initial short-term employment of 3 months as a research assistant.
1. These positions are available to international students.
2. The programme is open for motivated researchers with a Master degree (or equivalent) in a relevant field and maximum three years of experience since issuing of the degree at the time of application. Applicants with an MD can have up to five years of experience. Prolonged career breaks are taken into account (parental leave, illness, military- or civil service).
3. Mobility is required and applicants must not have resided or carried out their main activities (work etc.) for more than 12 months in Denmark in the 3 years immediately prior to the call deadline.
4. Also, applicants may not have been employed at UCPH more than three months prior to the application deadline.
5. Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
August 15, 2018
The mode of application is online. The application must include the following:
1. Motivation letter (Cover Letter)
3. Diploma and detailed transcripts of records (MSc and BSc)
4. List of 1-2 referees (template available on imed.ku.dk to be used)
5. Mobility Declaration (template available on imed.ku.dk to be used)
6. Documentation for Career Breaks (if any)
7. Other relevant information for consideration
Receipts of the applications will be acknowledged, and the applicant will be kept continuously informed of the progress of the application.