International applicants are eligible for merit and need-based MBA scholarships offered by Institute for Management Development(IMD) in Switzerland
International Institute for Management Development (IMD) is a business education school located in Lausanne, Switzerland. It is not part of a university, and only offers MBA and Executive MBA programs.
The aim of the International Institute for Management Development (IMD) MBA is to enable and encourage academically able students from any nationality. IMD’s vision is to be the best in the world at enabling the development of successful global leaders – individuals, teams, and organisations.
The total amount of scholarships available each year is around CHF500’000. The maximum financial aid awarded per admitted candidate is CHF 65,000. Approximately, 16 scholarships are available
There are different scholarships available to international students at IMD. Each scholarship has its Eligibility criteria:
1. Citizens of developing countries with good academic results (GMAT), strong reference letters & steady career progression
1. Applicants from South America (except Brazil) who return for at least three years after graduation.
2. Submit a 750-word essay on:
The role of entrepreneurs in moving my country forward and my contribution to that goal.
1. Applicants who demonstrate exceptional leadership understanding.
2. Submit a 750-word essay on:
It has been said that success in business requires flexibility to be responsive, but also commitment to a recognized set of values. Discuss using your personal and professional experience.
1. One scholarship is awarded to a citizen, but not necessarily current resident, of each region: Asia, Africa/Middle East, Latin America, Eastern Europe, and Western Europe/North America/Oceania
2. Submit a 1,000-word essay on:
Identify one issue in your region / country which you consider a priority to address. Why would you choose this issue? How would you, as a business leader, personally address it and ensure your action has a sustainable impact?
Essays should be personal and visionary and include a clear description of how the solution could be implemented in a sustained manner.
1. Preference is given to women from developing countries.
2. Employees of Nestlé or its subsidiaries are not eligible.
3. Submit a 750-word essay on:
Many have argued that greater diversity in the Top Management team of an organization is good for profits and customers. What would you recommend as ways to achieve greater diversity?
1. Preference for citizens from Africa, Central/Eastern Europe & the South-Eastern Asian Peninsula who demonstrate high quality in the admission application.
2. Submit a 500-word essay on:
Why I would like to do an MBA at IMD?
1. Demonstrate understanding of corporate governance & corporate responsibility.
2. Submit a 750-word essay on: What failed in the Hollinger corporate governance system and what are your personal learnings from the case study ‘Hollinger and the Downfall of Conrad Black’ ?
1. Demonstrate exceptional qualities throughout the admissions process. Awarded at the discretion of IMD’s Admissions Committee at the time of offer.
NB: Applicants must have bachelor’s degree or equivalent from an accredited institution.
September 30, 2018
In order to apply applicants must:
1. Use the IMD MBA Scholarship template to write essays.
2. Complete the MBA Financial aid application form (except for Future Leaders applications) and submit your full application to firstname.lastname@example.org
NB: All essays should reflect your personal point of view expressed in your own words if necessary supported by proper citation.
To apply, download the application form here