The Roberto Franceschi Foundation onlus is pleased to offer Research Grants for MSc and PhD students. International students are eligible to apply for this grant.
About the Foundation
The Roberto Franceschi Onlus Foundation was formed in 1996 to commemorate Roberto , a twenty-year-old student at the Bocconi University in Milan, who was shot dead on January 23, 1973, by a police pistol bullet, which presided over his university that night to prevent a assembly open to the students of the other Milanese universities
Master’s and PhD
Fondazione Roberto Franceschi Onlus promotes scientific research in the field of prevention, diagnosis and treatment of social pathologies and forms of social exclusion.
The sum of 16,000 Euros (before taxes), will be assigned to one or more research grants named “Roberto Franceschi”, awarded each year following the competitive procedure detailed in a specific announcement and aimed at students of Master of Science and PhD programmes offered by Universities in Lombardy, including programmes carried out in agreement with other universities, as well as PhD students of any other Italian or foreign University, provided that they received their Master’s Degree from a University in Lombardy.
1. International students are eligible to apply for this grant.
2. The competition for the scholarships is open to all students enrolled at the time of application in a Master of Science or PhD programme offered by a University in Lombardy, including programmes carried out in agreement with other universities, or in a PhD programme offered by any Italian or foreign University, provided that applicants received their Master’s Degree from a University in Lombardy
3. Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
December 17, 2018
Interested applicants can send their application, to the address email@example.com with the following documents:
1. Applicant’s curriculum vitae;
2. A motivation letter detailing the applicant’s reasons for applying, with reference to their future career plans;
3. detailed research project describing the current knowledge of the research area investigated, the contribution to the existing literature, the nature of the data to be collected, the intended use of the data, a budget of the foreseen expenses so as to justify the requested amount;
4. A summary of the research project prepared following the structure of the form attached to this announcement;
5. A reference letter from the applicant’s PhD supervisor or Master’s thesis supervisor;
6. A signed statement in which the applicant either declares that they are not receiving other research grants or scholarships during the same period in which the “Roberto Franceschi” grant is paid or specifies the type of funding received, its expiration date and the institution providing it.