WSA Young Innovators 2018 is created for young citizens of all UN member states, WSA Young Innovators is open to every start-up, social entrepreneur, NGO, student or individual.
About the Competition
WSA Young Innovators is a special recognition for young social entrepreneurs under 30 years of age, using ICTs to take action on the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (UN SDGs).
Together with the WSA winners of each year, they are honored as outstanding digital innovation with social impact.
The winners are honoured as outstanding digital innovation with social impact.
The WSA Young Innovators call is eligible for projects that:
1.Are developed by young innovators under the age of 30.
2. Offer digital solutions to any of the UN Sustainable Development Goals.
3. Deliver content-rich digital solutions to the user including individuals, businesses, and organisations.
4. have a strong digital component: websites, apps, SMS based solutions, IoT, wearables etc.
5. are market ready or already launched on the market – no ideas or concepts are eligible.
August 31, 2018.
The application procedure for the WSA & WSA Young Innovators requires detailed information on your product that you have to provide in the WSA Database. Download the manual to use the database.
1. Please be short and precise and make your digital project easy to understand. Avoid too long sentences and complicated technical terms.
2. Please fill in your application solely in ENGLISH.
3. Please make sure that the URL to your project/product and the e – mail you provided works!
4. Please be aware that an international jury is evaluating your project. E.g. if your project cannot be downloaded from the playstore in some countries, please make sure that you give enough information, provide screenshots or a comprehensive presentation for the jurors.
5. We advise to first do your application in a word document and then copy paste to the database for easier structuring.
6. WSA tries to keep the application as short as possible, hence we advise to fill in all fields, even if they are not obligatory.