These scholarships are open to continuing undergraduate students at the University of Adelaide who wish to undertake a six-week research project at the University of Adelaide over the 2018-19 summer vacation.
The aim of the Scholarship is to foster an interest in research by eligible students who might not otherwise have considered a career requiring an Honours Degree or Higher Degree by Research.
About the University
The University of Adelaide is a public university located in Adelaide, South Australia. Established in 1874, it is the third-oldest university in Australia. The university is associated with five Nobel laureates, constituting one-third of Australia’s total Nobel laureates, and 109 Rhodes scholars.
1. Australian School of Petroleum
2. School of Chemical Engineering – available projects to be confirmed
3. School of Civil, Environmental and Mining Engineering – available projects to be confirmed
4. School of Computer Science
5. School of Electrical and Electronic Engineering
6. School of Mathematical Sciences
7. School of Mechanical Engineering – available projects to be confirmed
8. TRC Mathematical Modelling
1. The value of the living allowance of the Scholarship is usually $1200, paid at $400 per fortnight for the six-week period of the research project.
2. Tax payments are not usually deducted from these payments. Recipients of the scholarship are responsible for seeking advice from the Australian Taxation Office regarding the status of the scholarship with regard to taxation.
1. International students are eligible to apply for this scholarship.
2. Students who have completed at least two years (48 units) of their undergraduate program, at a standard acceptable level for admission to an Honours program, will be considered in the first instance.
3. Students should ensure that an appropriate research project is available within their School.
4. Australian citizens, permanent residents, or citizens of other countries and international students who hold current appropriate visas permitting study in Australia are eligible to apply for these Scholarships.
5. In exceptional circumstances, students who have completed less than two years of study may be considered.
6. Students who are in receipt of, or expect to receive any other summer or vacation scholarships over the 2018-2019 summer vacation (e.g. National Heart Foundation Summer Scholarship, Cancer Council Vacation scholarships) are not eligible for the Adelaide Summer Research Scholarships unless the other scholarship is for a separate research project.
English Language Requirements: The University’s preferred accredited English language tests are:
IELTS(International English Language Testing System) – Academic Test
TOEFL– internet based and paper based
Pearson Test of English– Academic
CAE (Cambridge English: Advanced).
However, the University may accept other evidence of proficiency in English in individual cases.
The majority of language tests and qualifications that meet the University’s minimum English requirements have a validity of two years preceding the date of application.
Students without the required level of English will need to satisfactorily complete an intensive program of English language before being admitted to the University of Adelaide.
The University can arrange an appropriate English language program, Academic English (PEP Pathway) in Adelaide at the University’s English Language Centre. The PEP Pathway provides an alternative entry pathway for prospective students who have received offers to the University of Adelaide conditional upon English proficiency. On successful completion of the PEP Pathway at the appropriate level, students are granted direct entry into the University.
October 28, 2018
Applicants must consult the staff of the relevant Faculty/School / Discipline in which they intend to undertake a project.
The application form is available from scholarships website.