UNICEF works in 190 countries and territories to protect the rights of every child. UNICEF has spent 70 years working to improve the lives of children and their families. Defending children’s rights throughout their lives requires a global presence, aiming to produce results and understand their effects. UNICEF believes all children have a right to survive, thrive and fulfill their potential – to the benefit of a better world.
The duration of this contract is 8 months.
We are recruiting to fill the position below
National U – Report Consultant, Maiduguri, Borno State.
Qualifications and Competencies
1. A good understanding of UNICEF programs and policy, including knowledge of technology for developments programs.
2. Good understanding of development issues,
3. Proven ability to conceptualize, plan and execute ideas as well as to transfer knowledge and skills
4. Experience of working within teams
5. Strong writing, communication skills
6. Fluency in written and verbal English, and local dialect (Hausa, Kanuri, Shuwa etc) Residence and work experience in Nigeria, current or past, is advantageous
7. UNICEF’s core values of Commitment, Diversity and Integrity and core competencies in Communication, Working with People and Drive for Results.
8. Master’s degree in Social Work, Communication, Data Management, or any other related field.
9. 5 years working experience in community engagement and data management
10. Experience using online dashboards for data analysis
11. Experience using Rapidpro
12. Knowledge of U-Report is an added asset
13. Expert level experience of using Microsoft Excel.
1. Mobilize broader partnership to support project implementation and communication.
2. Organize training and workshop about U-report for internal and external partners during the project implementation.
3. Support programme colleagues in meetings with government partners to discuss U-Report feedback or campaigns
4. Collect and document good practices from project implementation and share with the project team and UNICEF community.
5. Weekly progress reports on the deliverables send to direct supervisor and U-Report team in Abuja
6. Support the implementation of text and voice messaging to enhance engagement with the affected population
7. Coordinate collection, communication and feedback to affected population on the humanitarian programme being delivered by UNICEF.Â
8. Engage with local partners including National Orientation Agency, University of Maiduguri and NYSC and develop project work plan.
9. Provide reports and data analytics to programme colleagues. Work with technical vendors to provide improved dashboards where requested.
Major Tasks to be Accomplished
1. Guidance note on the use of U-report in humanitarian action with tools on application of U-Report in Rapid Assessments and KAP studies in humanitarian context.
2. Demonstration of adoption of U-Report by the Humanitarian Country 3. Team as a tool to inform humanitarian response planning and a tool for engagement with affected population.
4. Best practices on scaling up U-Report techniques during emergencies, and templates of partnership agreements.
5. Through the emergency preparedness process, improvements are made in the emergency preparedness and response capability of UNICEF staff and implementing partners
September 9, 2018
Application is online, click here