Climate change is the biggest issue of your lifetime. Your whole life will be lived as the impacts of global climate change are taking place. Our Contest is a call for young artists, thinkers, and activists who are concerned about the future of our human and natural communities to use their creative voices to explore, express, and advocate for issues related to climate change and our oceans.Students from around the world are invited to participate in the Ocean Awareness Contest.
About Bow Seat Ocean Awareness Programme
Bow Seat provides an innovative space for teens to connect, create, and communicate for our ocean. Working at the intersection of ocean science and arts education, our award-winning programming emphasizes creative thinking and making in exploring the natural world.
Bow Seat Ocean Awareness Programs, Inc. is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization based in Massachusetts, USA.
1. Gain knowledge about a critical issue facing your generation
2. Build your portfolio and make art in your preferred medium, or practice a new one!
3. Develop skills in communication, critical thinking, creativity, and global awareness
4. Join a global community of young people that care about our ocean
5. Earn scholarships of up to $1,500
Students from around the world are invited to participate in the Ocean Awareness Contest.
1. Junior Division: Age 11-14
2. Senior Division: Age 15-18
June 17, 2019
Create a piece about a coastal/marine species, place, or system in 2019 that will be threatened, altered, or lost due to climate change.
From organism to ecosystem, what are the impacts of climate change on our ocean? What do you want future generations to know about marine life in 2019? What can you create that will raise awareness now for your chosen subject?
Submissions are accepted in:
1. Visual Art
For more information on how to apply, click here