The International Master of Science in Environmental Technology and Engineering (IMETE) is a Joint Master Degree Programme, taught in English, bringing together students and scholars from all over the world. In IMETE, you will become part of a new generation of environmental scientists. As a graduate, you will be able to design and apply state-of-the-art environmental technology and engineering solutions to tackle today’s global environmental problems. You will study two years at three leading European universities in 3 different European countries: Ghent University (Belgium), IHE Delft Institute for Water Education (The Netherlands), and the University of Chemistry and Technology, Prague (Czech Republic).
This is followed by the thesis research at one of the three above institutions in SEMESTER 4.
IMETE also allows you to visit any of the numerous associated partners from all over the world for thesis research. These partners also contribute to the programme through visiting scholars and researchers.
Engineering and Environment
- Contribution to the travel and installation costs
- 1000 EUR per year per scholarship holder resident of a programme country for travel costs
- 2000 EUR per year for travel costs + 1000 EUR for installation costs for scholarship holder resident of a partner country whose location is situated at less than 4.000 km from IHE Delft, The Netherlands
- 3000 EUR per year for travel costs + 1000 EUR for installation costs for scholarship holder resident of a partner country whose location is situated at 4.000 km or more from IHE Delft, The Netherlands.
- Proof that the applicant has successfully accomplished a first degree of higher education equivalent to a B.Sc. degree (equivalent to 180 credit points according to the European Credit Transfer System (ECTS)) with a good final mark as shown by a Grade Point Average (GPA) of at least B/B+ (US System) or a classification of at least 2nd upper (UK system), in one of the following subjects: pure or applied sciences (e.g., chemistry, biology, geology, civil or agricultural engineering, environmental or agricultural sciences, etc.). Sufficient academic knowledge of mathematics, physics and chemistry is an absolute requirement.
Note: Applications may already be submitted before the first degree of higher education (usually B.Sc.) has been successfully finished, if at least 120 ECTS of the programme have been successfully completed. If the applicant meets all of the other admission requirements, admission can be granted on the condition that the first degree of higher education must be successfully finished by 15 July preceding to the start year of the programme.
- Evidence of qualification in one of the internationally-recognised English language tests.
Note: Applicants who are required to provide proof of English language proficiency who do not yet possess the results of the test can apply for
and scholarship now, however, the ultimate deadline that the test result should be in our possession is 1 April 2018. Those applicants will also be taken into consideration for scholarship award and can be selected for scholarship or placed on the reserve list. If, no sufficient English test results have been received by 1 April 2018, the candidate will no longer be eligible for a scholarship.
The International Master in Environmental Technology and Engineering (IMETE) has the following admission requirements:
Different countries are eligible, check here
January 15, 2019
- Photocopy(ies) of academic diploma(s)(if applicable translated in English);
- Certified academic transcript(s), (if applicable translated in English by a sworn translator);
- Curriculum Vitae including work experience and research record (if any);
- Letter of Motivation stating the applicant’s interest in the study programme.
for more information, click here