The Swedish Institute (SI) is now launching the Swedish Institute Scholarships for Global Professionals (SISGP), a new scholarship programme which replaces Swedish Institute Study Scholarships (SISS). SISGP offers scholarships to a large number of master’s programmes in any Swedish Higher Education Institution and Swedish University starting in the autumn semester 2019. About 650 eligible master programmes are available for the academic year 2019-2020. An estimated 300 scholarships will be available.
The scholarship covers tuition fees, living expenses of SEK 10,000 per month, insurance, and a one-time travel grant of SEK 15,000 (only for scholarship holders living outside Sweden). There are no additional grants for family members.
The scholarship is intended for full-time one-year or two-year master’s programmes, and is only awarded for programmes starting in the autumn semester. The scholarship is granted for one academic year (two semesters) at a time. It will be extended for programmes longer than two semesters, provided that the student has passed his/her courses/credits.
1. To be eligible for SISGP, you must have had at least 3,000 hours’ work experience prior to 3 February 2019 from a maximum of three organisations/companies.
2. Applicants must be from an eligible country: Bangladesh; Bolivia; Brazil; Cambodia; Cameroon; Colombia; Ecuador; Egypt; Ethiopia; Gambia; Ghana; Guatemala; Honduras; Indonesia; Jordan; Kenya; Liberia; Malawi; Morocco; Myanmar (Burma); Nepal; Nigeria; Pakistan; Peru; Philippines; Rwanda; Sri Lanka; Sudan; Tanzania; Tunisia; Uganda; Vietnam; Zambia; Zimbabwe.
3. You must be able to demonstrate your previous leadership experience. The experience may be demonstrated through for instance previous work experience, or involvement in civil society organisations.
4. You must be liable to pay tuition fees to the universities, have paid the application fee for master’s programmes at University Admissions on time before 1 February 2019, and be admitted to one of the eligible master’s programmes by 4 April 2019.
15 Jan/14 Feb 2019
To begin with, apply for a master’s programme at universityadmissions.se, between 16 October 2018 – 15 January 2019.
Apply for an SI scholarship between 4-14 February 2019, following the instructions at the official website. The application form will be available in January 2019.
It is important to visit the official website for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
A complete application must consist of:
1. a completed motivation letter
2. a CV
3. two valid and completed letters of reference
4. valid and completed proof of work and leadership experience
5. a copy of your valid passport
Click here for more details