Though Hungary is not a popular destination for international student, The degrees, Postgraduate or Undergraduate have been rated high due to high quality of the academics. Most universities from Hungary are rated high in the world rankings. The reduced cost of living, high visa success rate, low tuition fee, schengen visa are definitely worth considering when choosing any country for undergraduate or postgraduate degree. Despite the low tuition fee, so many students cannot afford to study in this country. We have compiled a list of Scholarships available for international students to pursue their dream in Hungary. Don’t forget to share with others.
It was launched in 2013 by the Hungarian Government.
The core mission of the program is to increase the number of foreign students in Hungary and to encourage Hungarian higher education institutions to attract top foreign students.
The program is based on bilateral educational cooperation agreements signed between the Ministries responsible for education in the sending countries/territories and Hungary or between institutions. Currently more than 50 Sending Partners are engaged in the program throughout 4 different continents.
• Eligibility: This scholarship is open to international students from over 50 countries.
• Benefits: Tuition-free education, monthly stipend, accommodation and medical
• Deadline: Usually in August.
The Hungarian Government offers scholarships to undertake Master of Science degree courses at one of the participating Hungarian Universities.The objective of this initiative is to lead international efforts to defeat hunger, contributing to an expanding world economy by promoting sustainable rural development.
• Eligibility: This scholarship is open to international students from over 20 countries.
• Benefits: Recipients will be awarded application and tuition fees throughout the study period, dormitory accommodation, subsistence costs and health care.
• Deadline: Usually in February
Hudec Scholarships are available for part time and full time studies in the fields of architecture, industrial and interior design, urban and rural planning and related fields of studies.
• Eligibility: These scholarships are open to international students from over 47 countries.
• Benefits: Recipients will be awarded tuition-free education, monthly stipend, accomodation and medical
• Deadline: Usually in March.
The Institute of Advanced studies offets 4 month research scholarships to participate in the work of a research institute while pursuing a graduate degree.
• Eligibility: This scholarship is open to students of all nationalities who are currently enrolled at the
• Benefits: Recipients will be awarded €1,200 EUR tuition fee waiver and 75,000 HUF per month.
• Deadline: June.
5. BRC Research Fellowships for International Students in Hungary.
The Biological research center is offering fellowships to conduct selected research programs in contemporary biology under the supervision of a research staff of the BRC.
• Eligibility : This scholarship is open to students with a university degree (M.Sc. or equivalent) either in natural, medical, agricultural or veterinary sciences.
The official language of the course is English. Knowledge of English of the applicants should be appropriately documented.
• Benefits: Recipients will be awarded a monthly stipend from the BRC at the beginning of each month.
This amount is about 70-75% of the income of a PhD student in Hungary, however, considering the provided free accommodation, or the contribution to the accommodation fee, will cover modest living expenses for one person in Szeged.
• Deadline: May
The Hungarian Academy of Sciences center for Social sciences institute for legal studies and the Pázmány Péter Catholic University Faculty of Law and Political Sciences have established a joint fellowship program in order to enhance their international competitiveness in research and education through involving postdoctoral foreign researchers in their academic work.
This program is for a period of 10 months.
• Eligibility: This scholarship is open to postdoctoral researchers of all nationalities and a professional
level of English language knowledge. Knowledge of Hungarian is not required.
• Benefits: Recipients will be awarded a monthly stipend of 458,300 HUF before taxes (plus accomodation).
Deadline: Usually in April.
7. CEU Master’s Scholarships and Awards
CEU Scholarships are commited to attracting talented students from around the world.
A wide range of scholarships, fellowships and loan options are offered for students studying in the School of Public Policy(SPP) and encourages students to seek external sources of funding.
• Eligibility: These scholarships are open to citizens of all countries.
• Benefits: The award varies depending on the scholarship.
• Deadline: The deadline varies depending on the scholarship.