The MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program at KNUST provides academically talented yet economically disadvantaged young people in Ghana and Africa with access to quality and relevant University education.
The Scholars Program embodies an array of mentoring and cultural transition services to ensure the scholar’s academic success, community engagement and transition to employment opportunities which will further the goal of social and economic transformation of Africa.
1. Comprehensive financial support (full tuition, fully paid on-campus accommodation, learning materials, transportation and monthly stipend).
2. Regular group meetings with other scholars that focus on personal and professional development opportunities and activities tailored to build societal relationships and scholars’ capacity.
3. Continued academic support through academic mentoring, virtual learning, life and career coaching, and tutoring.
4. Opportunities to participate in leadership congresses, community services and mentoring (Go-back Give-Back), and uniquely sourced internships.
5. An academic environment where faculty and students engage with global issues.
6. The prestige of becoming part of the growing family of the Mastercard Foundation Scholars Alumni and the Global Scholars Community.
7. The opportunity to be enrolled on an accelerated Master’s Degree
after undergraduate studies with an MCF Partner institution in the USA.
For the 2019/2020 Academic year, the opportunity is open to;
1. All Applicants with WASSCE or GBCE or ABCE or GCE O’Level and A’Level or their equivalent Results from an accredited/recognised institution and Certificate Ready and Satisfies KNUST’s Admission Requirements. NO AWAITING RESULTS candidate will be accepted.
2. The Applicant must have Critical Economic Needs.
3. The Applicant must have Proven Records of Leadership and Community Engagement(s).
4. Females and Physically Challenged Applicants shall be given top priority.
5. All Subjects are considered; however, there is Preference for Science Students.
6. The Applicant must be prepared to Go-Back and Give-Back to his or her Community.
March 29, 2019
1. Download a copy of the 2019/2020 application form here!
2. Submit the completed application form THROUGH EMS/ any other courier mail to:
The Program Manager
Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program at KNUST Secretariat
℅ Office of the Dean of Students
Private Mail Bag
KNUST, Kumasi, Ghana
When submitting your scholarship application form to the Secretariat, submit these additional documents:
1. The print out of KNUST’s online admission
2. Original Certificates for both O’Level and A’Level results or their equivalent.
To read more, click here