The Mandela Institute for Development Studies (MINDS) offers scholarships to African students who wish to pursue post-graduate studies within Africa, but outside of their own countries. Through tailored leadership development activities, the MINDS Scholarship Programme nurtures leaders who have a continental development mindset; leaders who will facilitate greater cooperation between African countries.
Individuals with a Pan-African outlook, demonstrated leadership
ability and an excellent academic record who wish to study elsewhere on the African continent, but outside their home country, are invited to apply for the scholarships.
Studies related to Actuarial Sciences, Finance, Business
Sciences and Accounting for students studying in South African, Kenyan and Nigerian institutions.
2. Accommodation and meals
3. One return ticket per duration of studies
4. A fixed stipend
To be considered for a MINDS Scholarship, you must:
1. Be a national of an African country, residing in any African country;
2. Have been formally accepted by one or more MINDS preferred
institution/s outside of your country of citizenship and/ or residency;
3. Have been formally accepted by one or more MINDS preferred
institution/s to pursue postgraduate studies within the following year;
4. Have obtained at least 70% in each subject/ course in the last two completed years of study;
5. Produce evidence of demonstrated leadership abilities or potential
guided by the questions/ requirements set out in the application form;
6. Submit a complete application form with the required supporting documentation as set out on the application form.
1. Strathmore University, Kenya
2. University of Cape Town, South Africa
3. University of Witwatersrand, South Africa
4. Kwame Nkrumah University of Science & Technology, Ghana
5. University of Ibadan, Nigeria
6. University of Development Studies, Ghana