The Osteology Foundation promotes research, education and collaboration between universities and industry in the field of oral and maxillofacial tissue regeneration. The Osteology Foundation aims to support translational research to bridge the gap between scientific progress and clinical practice, as well as between academic and industrial researchers in the field of oral tissue regeneration.
The IADR Osteology Foundation New Investigator Award in Oral Tissue Regeneration is jointly sponsored by the International Association for Dental Research (IADR) and the Osteology Foundation, with funding provided exclusively by the Osteology Foundation.
Research topics falling within the scope of the award are:
- Hard and soft tissue biology: clinical aspects
- Novel bone and soft tissue substitute materials
- Local factors affecting oral tissue regeneration
- Systemic diseases with an impact on oral tissue regeneration
- Pharmacological aspects of oral tissue regeneration
- Inflammatory conditions, e.g. periodontitis or peri-implantitis
Applications will be accepted from new investigators for one competitive award of up to 75’000 US Dollars provided to the recipient.
The IADR Osteology Foundation New Investigator Award in Oral Tissue Regeneration grant is not renewable and is a one-time only award.
- be an IADR full member for at least two years at the time of application.
- be a registered member of The Box – the Global Osteology Community Platform of the Osteology Foundation.
- hold an academic position as either a post-doctoral trainee or early career academic staff/faculty at an academic institution.
- be within five years of obtaining last terminal degree by award deadline.
December 7, 2019
Applicants must submit their proposal through the IADR’s submission system
. For application guidelines and policy statements, please refer to the IADR website.
If you have questions, please send an e-mail to: email@example.com or to Sherren@iadr.org (Sheri S. Herren, Assistant Director of Strategic Programs at IADR)
- An expert review panel of judges will consider all proposals received by the deadline. The review panel will include experts acknowledged as leaders in their fields and one member from the Osteology Foundation. No members of the IADR Board of Directors may serve as members of the review panel.
Review and awarding criteria
Review criteria will include:
- Originality and novelty of the research proposal.
- Clinical relevance and potential importance to oral health.
- Evidence of the applicants’ abilities to conduct the proposed research.
- Appropriateness of methodologies and scope.
Budgetary emphasis should be on additional technical assistance, equipment, etc. related specifically to pursuing the research or method rather than providing significant salary support for principal investigators. PIs and scientific staff salaries combined cannot be more than 25% of the total grant amount.
For more information, click here